Learn Something! Get the History of Advertising & More from The Voice Ad House

Graduation Day

It is still hard for me to believe that my time at The Voice has gone by this quickly. In these past two months, I have grown more than I imagined one could do in such a short period of time. If someone had asked me two months ago what I hoped to gain from this internship, my response would not have remotely covered the amount of knowledge, insight, or growth I have gained from this experience. I owe this to the incredible people I had the chance to work with. Matthew, Rachel, Amanda, Elyse, Sam, and Aleshia have each played a unique role in making my time here so incredibly positive. I am grateful for having experienced moments of triumph and hardship with the other interns, both of which were essential to my growth at The Voice. Some of my most memorable accomplishments include the day we completed and sent out our first newsletter, the day we got the blog running complete with a new layout and logo, and the week we were featured as AdForum's Agency Of The Week. The obstacles we faced, whether it was technical difficulties or trouble downloading photos, are ones I now value just as much as any accomplishment. From them, I learned how to work through stress in order to get a job done. Leaving The Voice, I have so much more confidence in my abilities to think creatively, communicate my ideas to others, and work with a team. I am especially grateful to Rachel and Matthew for creating such a positive environment that fosters learning and growth for all of its interns. Whether we were ordering pizza for lunch, buying all of the Cheesecake from Adros Diner on National Cheesecake Day, or taking a video of a bird that made its way into the house, every day spent at The Voice is something different. The strong sense of community, encouragement, and support at The Voice is what makes this internship program so special. I feel extremely lucky to have had the chance to be a part of it!

Continue reading

2014 Summer Interns, The Intern Experience

Like A Girl

Whether the advertisement comes up on Youtube or Buzzfeed, P&G's campaign for "Like A Girl" is going viral. As times change, more and more companies are promoting being a strong woman. In the "Always" commercial, the ad reinforces that the phrase "Like A Girl" is offensive. On top of the concept, this is great marketing for their company. It would make woman want to buy their products because they are supporting equality of genders. Check out the video for yourself and tell us what your opinion is:

Continue reading

Uncategorized, 2014 Summer Interns

Women Redefining How Companies Should Target

Lately there have been a lot more trends and viral videos about gender equality. These videos show that it is around 10 years old and on when this gender gap starts to happen and being a woman has other implication. For example at that age being called bossy makes girls not want to strive to be leaders. These videos are not only about redefining stereotypes but also about stopping companies, advertisers and marketers to use these stereotypes to target or appeal to women. Segmenting and targeting has a giant effect on all parts of business: product, price, packaging, and promotion.

Continue reading

From Scratch to Finish

The interns are very honored to be a part of a big promotional video for The Voice from start to finish. We were put to the test to come up with a multitude of ideas to promote The Voice. This included other methods of promotion and researching other ad agencies. We created a storyboard that depicted our competitive advantage- our ad house.

Continue reading

Billboards for the Better

Here in the Northeast, billboard ads are normally high up in places nobody can reach without an extended ladder or just a plain, flat sign on the side of the road. However, in Slovakia, graphic designers are coming up with a different plan in order to give purpose to billboard ads.

Continue reading

80 Minutes of Typography Truth

Continue reading

2014 Summer Interns, Advertising Internship, art director, creative, typography

Hook, Line & Sinker

Lately I have been doing quite a bit of research on inbound marketing. Inbound marketing is a bit like fishing; companies are the fisherman, and the potential customers are the fish. The company must do certain things to draw the attention of customers and brings them in, kind of like bait in fishing. This type of marketing puts the emphasis on bring potential customers in rather than going out of the way to get their attention. 

Continue reading

Lights, Camera, Action!

Today was an exciting day at The Voice! I was a part of a live production video filmed for The Voice.

Continue reading

BIG Data: Put Your Analytical Skills to the Test

We are in the digital age. Everything you do ends up in a Server Farm (a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond the capability of one machine). Companies out there know your web browsing patterns, mobile device location, and shopping habits. Even Snapchat see all your pictures.

Continue reading

2014 Summer Interns

Propaganda, Advertising, and Art

Propaganda is defined by the Webster Dictionary as, “the spreading of ideas, informations, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution , a cause or a person,”. There is also another part of the definition that includes the idea that propaganda is for the benefit of a single party, and damage or slander the opposing side of that party. The main purpose and use of propaganda is to persuade the viewer of the propaganda to go into one view that benefits the party that is setting out the propaganda. Sometimes there is counter propaganda, such is seen with election campaigns and was seen during World War Two, by both the Allies and the Axis powers. Propaganda can be as simple as to vote for someone, or to buy a product, it is meant to persuade and that is its main role as a form of information and slander. 

Continue reading

2014 Summer Interns