My main focus for this week was to add different kinds of music for a Kitchen Brains video. There were a couple of different versions of the ad, but specific genres had to be placed in order to sync in well with the video, and the voice-over. That was basically it for this week.
With my first three days as a part-time worker, of course my main focus was on the General Tom Thumb video. I came three times this week due to Easter break at my school, so I was able to take some time with decisions on the video. On Tuesday, I went into the audio booth and recorded a few more voice-overs in order to expand my opinion on the little people of the world. Also, I discovered that P.T. Barnum is buried in the same cemetery as Thumb, so I drove there myself, filmed the two tombstones, and did more commentary about the latter. Once that was finished, the only thing left was to piece together these new additions and place them alongside the old additions. Thursday and Friday was spent completing the video, which it finally was on Friday.
This entry is specifically for the last three days of being an intern, and eventually heading to become a part-time worker of this company for the rest of the school semester. Even though I missed last Fridays due to snow (ironically on the first day of Spring), I missed a specific blog entry for last week. Last Tuesday on March 17th, Matt and myself began the video project for Tom Thumb (a.k.a. project 4). The two of us, as well as fellow interns Haley and Cassie, went to the cemetery across the street and visited the grave of General Tom Thumb. Matt spoke a little bit about him, and made me stand in the front of the grave due to the fact that General Thumb and myself are both dwarfs. Piecing together that footage with extra photos from Google was a piece of cake. The following week I made several new edits by rearranging the first edit, and adding a few more clips from last month. Those clips had Matt filming me talking about famous celebrity dwarfs and how I felt about it. Matt thought it would be a good idea to include me in the video, but I initially thought there wasn't enough footage so far, but after discovering that clip from last month, there was enough to make a two minute version (so far). Because of this, I typed a number of important highlights that are associated with General Thumb and printed it out for future filming (hopefully).
Not that much contribution for this week. I was basically taking projects 1 & 2 (The Barnum Wall & The Ad House Kitchen) and bringing them to Dropbox.com, and the History of Ads website. Also, with Final Cut Pro added to my MacBook pro, I no longer have to use iMovie.
Within an accomplishment or two, two videos to begin 'The Ad House' series had made their way to completion. Taking the footage from Tuesday or last week, and additional photos taken from that day, and last Friday, I made two separate videos of Matt giving visual tours of the kitchen and the Barnum wall. Each episode had to be ten minutes or less, so the kitchen video was narrowed down between three-four minutes, and the Barnum wall was shortened to around nine minutes. In addition, the intro created on Adobe Premiere was added at the beginning and end of both segments; thus creating a mini-episode of both videos. Looking at final results really made it reality TV-like. Lastly, both were uploaded to Dropbox, and they're ready to go for many people to see.
This week was finally at the point where filming a promotional video for the Voice kicked in. While finishing the intro, Matt and myself began filming around the house. Basically I took his little, Sony HD (dubbed the "Raycam") and followed him around the kitchen, and the main office while he was giving a little tour, and giving out details about P.T. Barnum. Once uploading the footage, I then went around the house taking snapshots of the posters on the wall, objects in the kitchen such as the tin cans, and the shelf in the far corner. In addition, I also took snapshots of the house from the outside. That purpose was to avoid sudden cuts from being seen. I also selected a couple of photos on Google.
It's finally at that stage where I get to concentrate on the editing process without struggling (most of the time). Using Adobe Premiere for the first time since around 2011, I compiled footage from a few videos that were already made by Tony, added a couple transitions in order to give that "reality-TV" feel, and tried some other editing techniques. All that's left is to add new footage that's going to be filmed next week, and the everything will in place for the intro.
The week wasn't that much productive for me; despite doing two different types of work. Tuesday, I was away from my job in the production department, and helped out in the department of checking update information about a number of clients and companies associated with 'The Voice'. Never knew that digging deeper for correct details would take all day (and it doesn't finish). Friday I continued the video project, and approached the editing process. It looks like this segment of the project is going to take a while when it comes compiling the right footage.
Third week interning at The Voice is spent on the promotional video project. I continue working on it by coming up with more ideas in general, and outline ideas in order to keep what I have in mind for an intro, a format, and an outro. By thinking creatively, the idea was to make something different than the videos that are already posted on the website, and YouTube channel.